In Key Stage 4, some students experience difficulty in achieving the DfE national assessment critera (Progress 8). This can be due to a variety of factors including SEMH.
With this in mind the Vocational Strad is aimed at supporting quality vocational based learning alongside bespoke 1:1 tuition focusing on core subjects needs to secure Post 16 work and training.
What we offer:
- Functional (AQA) Mathematics, English and ICT – Level 1 &2
- Bespoke, individualised time tables
- Identification and support of a suitable vocational placement and qualification
- Advice and support in securing Post 16 work or training
How this will be done:
- Subject specialist (Mathematics, English & ICT) responsible for creating medium term plans and individual learner objective tracking sheets.
- Data collection every half term
- Weekly feedback from vocational placements
- feedback from both vocational placements and individual tuition
- Home school, parent and Local Authority (Exclusions or Inclusion as appropriate) – Education focused
- Personal Development, behaviour and Welfare
- Bridge the gap between academic achievement and Post 16 employment and training
- Support learners with behaviour while accessing vocational placements
- Maintain close working relationships with external agencies – including social services, Early Help, CAMHs, We are with you, TYS, Careers
- Monitor attendance and engagement both in core and vocational learning
Prepare learners for Post 16 opportunities
How we will do this:
- Monitor attendance
- Identify and secure suitable vocational placement and qualification opportunities
- Provide support for identified learners to help them achieve a vocational qualification
- Appropriate and accurate careers advice
- Support with application, visits and interview for Post 16 pathway
- Safeguarding of students while on tuition and placement – through monitoring of attendance, QA of placements and regular contact with providers
- Close work with outside agencies
Outcomes for pupils:
- Pupils are exceptionally well prepared for the next stage of their education, training or employment and have attained relevant qualifications.
- The choice of Post 16 destinations strongly support their career plans.
How we will do this:
- Work with a range of Quality Assured providers to identify suitable qualifications and learning environments suitable to an individual learners needs
- Work with careers advisors to identify Post 16 opportunities and support with application, visits and interviews
- Regular formal and informal assessment to allow learners to achieve at least Level 1 qualifications in functional skills
- Opportunities to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications
- Support learners in building positive routines and relationships in vocational settings